2016-2017 School Year
FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
1 . The Free Application for Federal Student Aid must be filed between October 1 and March 1.
(Be aware many schools have a deadline of March 1.)
2. Seniors will receive financial aid information in October.
3. A parent meeting concerning financial aid will be held in late October or early November. Information concerning this meeting will be mailed to student's parents.
FAFSA = Free Application for Federal Student Aid
File the FAFSA between October 1 and March 1
Use income (tax) records for the 2015 calendar year when the student is applying for financial aid.
Use the FAFSA to apply for both state and federal aid
Can file the FAFSA by paper version or on-line @ www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Must create a FSA ID for both parent and student at www.pin.ed.gov before filing on-line
1. Good idea to generate a FSA ID even if filing by paper
2. FSA ID may be used to update FAFSA information and/access information
3. FSA ID are good for a student's entire postsecondary educational career
***Be aware that schools may have their own individual financial aid form as well. Such forms must also be completed before an individual financial aid package will be designed for a student.
Informational Site: www.fafsa.ed.gov
NOTE: DO NOT PAY TO FILE THE FAFSA! THIS IS A FREE SERVICE!
College Goal Sunday
Want Free Help with the FAFSA Form?
Get it done ASAP!
February 12, 2017
2:00 to 4:00 pm
Closest sites are: Jennings County High School, Columbus Learning Center,
and IVY Tech in Madison.